2018 FALL & 2019 Spring ETHICS WORKSHOPS
We are excited to announce our 2018/2019 ethics training. As many of you know, IMHCA has been a consistent presence at IBOL meetings over the years. We have been contemplating how we could best update our members on the pulse of IBOL. One way is that this year’s ethics training is centered on Idaho specific informed consent issues as well as recommendations of what the board would like to see implemented.
You won’t want to miss this opportunity.Please continue scrolling down to see where and when our trainings will take place. If you would like to volunteer as a presenter or have a meeting space that we could use, let us know (and scroll down for volunteer benefits).
Please contact Caitlin Goicoechea for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
~Please note that you must be present for the full training in order to receive the full CEU's offered.~
Would you like to host an ethics workshop or teach a class? See below for all of the benefits to either!
The main responsibility of presenters is to check in workshop participants, and facilitate the small group discussions. This requires about a four hour time commitment on the date of the workshop. Presenters can choose the date and times that work best for their schedule.
1. All material for the workshops will be provided by IMHCA.
2. Training will be provided (2-3 hours of your time), as well any additional needed support.
3. IMHCA handles all aspects of registration, except signing in participants, and last minute/on-site registrations.
4. Main responsibilities of a presenter is: a) become familiar with the materials b) introduce the topic/concept that will be discussed c) assist participants with working in small groups and d) wrap up the workshop by having participants share in a large group the outcomes of their small group discussions e) send registration materials back to IMHCA ethics chair
Here are the Perks!
1. Free membership to IMHCA for one year.
2. Free ethics CEU’s.
3. Make connections with colleagues.
4. Opportunity to give back to your profession.
We are looking for presenters who are available in all areas of Idaho, specifically: Twin Falls/Burley, Coeur d’Alene/Post Falls, Lewiston, Moscow and Pocatello areas.
We are looking for places that can host an IMHCA Ethics Workshop (IMHCA will provide the presenter) in the following locations: : Twin Falls/Burley, Coeur d’Alene/Post Falls, Lewiston, Moscow and Pocatello areas.
Host sites will be given up to two (2) free registrations. And an opportunity to showcase your agency’s talents to the community!
Main responsibilities of Hosts: a) be available to open the building at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled workshop b) provide a comfortable space with chairs for a minimum of 10-15 participants for a four hour block of time c) provide a contact person for the presenter to assist with checking participants in
Please contact the IMHCA Ethics chair at email@example.com if you are interested in helping in any capacity.
Idaho Mental Health Counselors Association is committed to providing relevant and affordable Ethics CEU’s across the state of Idaho, not only to IMHCA members, but to the larger counseling community. It is our goal to make IMHCA’s Ethics workshops as accessible as possible by offering them twice a year, in the spring and fall, and offering them in as many locations around the state as possible. IMHCA would not be able to fulfill this commitment without our valued volunteers who give of their time and experience to facilitate the ethics workshops, nor those centers and sites that are willing to host.
THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS!